Who is The Hungry Pinner?
My name is Candice, and I’m a part-time web developer and full-time homemaker who lives in sunny South Florida. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t know how to cook — it has been a lifelong passion. Some of my fondest childhood memories are spending time in the kitchen with my mom and aunts.
I love to cook but have no formal training, nor do I have a gourmet kitchen. I’m just a person who loves good food. The internet has really expanded my cooking horizons, especially my Pinterest obsession. I love to find new recipes and techniques. Variety truly is the spice of life!
What’s in a post?
I’ll walk you through the process of making each dish exactly as the author has written it. I’ll cover:
- The Ingredients
- How easy were they to find?
- Were they reasonably priced or splurgy?
- The Process
- How difficult was the recipe to make?
- Any special equipment that might be needed
- Timing, especially if it was not included in the recipe
- If applicable, any changes I made to the original recipe
- Serving Suggestions
- If applicable, ideas on pairings and links to any recipes I’ve previously reviewed that would work with this recipe
Then I’ll give you an honest review of key points:
- Clear & Accurate Directions
- Are the ingredients listed in the order used?
- Are they easy to understand and follow?
- Was anything omitted?
- Accurate Time(s)
- This will include time to prep, cook, marinate, etc.
- How difficult is it to make the dish look good (at least close to the author’s pictures)
- How delicious is it? (This will be the really fun part! And my husband will join me for tasting a lot, I’m sure.)
Finally, I’ll wrap it up with a summary of my thoughts and the overall rating for the recipe.